KHADIJA SAYS EDUCATION IS KEY TO HER SUCCESS: CELEBRATING BEAUTY,MAKEUP AND SELF-WORTH

04:32 JAFE MALIBENEKE 0 Comments

Khadija Msunga is a mother and a primary school teacher leaving in Bagamoyo.  Her ambition is to start a business that will eventually grow into a big enterprise. 
What does your typical day look like?
I wake up early; prepare my child for school and myself for work. We usually go together because I have to drop him at school first and then go to work. I will do my usual work schedule then I will go home around 4pm and prepare dinner. 

What are the challenges you have faced to get to where you are right now?
Challenges are many; I remember when I finished my O level, I stayed for a long time without getting employment. I had really given up hope when I decided to do small scale businesses where I later I joined my sister in selling second hand clothes. But despite all that, I needed a permanent job, something that will give me a steady income. That is when I went back to school to take a career in education so I can be a teacher. And fast forward to today, here I am.

What can you say is your biggest accomplishment in life so far?
My family is everything to me.

What does beauty mean to you? 
Beauty is how a person loves and takes care of themselves, being charming to people and more importantly, beauty is being confident.           

What do you think about make up and the controversy behind it?
I personally think make up makes a person comfortable in how they look; it boosts their self esteem and makes them confident. For example I have make up on right now and I know that I really look great.  So people can not generalize saying you apply make up to attract people. And besides, it depends on preferences, if you want to apply make up then why not?

Is there a link between those in the beauty industry and those who did not attain higher education qualification?
Don’t get it twisted, being a make up artist, selling beauty products is as business just like any other, people are successful because of these businesses.  It doesn’t matter your level of education.

If you where given a chance to use Luv Touch Manjano products, which ones would you use and why?
I never got the chance to use any face powder apart from the famous Johnson’s and Johnson’s bady powder on my face and others until I was introduced to LuvTouch Manjano powder. From then on I have loved it, so it is obvious that I would love to use it again and again.

What advice do you have for girls and young women?
All girls are beautiful it doesn't matter the colour of your skin or your figure; so if your mindset is twisted about beauty, then untwist it. Right now the beauty industry is a booming business. There are a lot of opportunities to be grabbed.

0 comments: