MWAKA SAYS WOMEN SHOULD NOT TRY TO ACT AS MEN: CELEBRATING BEAUTY, MAKEUP AND SELF-WORTH

03:51 JAFE MALIBENEKE 2 Comments


Mwaka Mohamed is an entrepreneur and the co-founder of Agro for Help Foundation, which caters to train small farmers to improve the agricultural sector in Tanzania. She is married with one daughter. She holds a diploma in Education awarded by the Kabanga Teacher Training College in Kigoma. She did not enjoy teaching as her career path and quit to start doing business instead. Through her journey into entrepreneurship, Mwaka has tried different kinds of businesses mainly in the fashion industry where she ended owning a fashion boutique in Kariakoo, Dar es Salaam. In 2007 she got married and decided to sell her boutique and bought land from the money she got from selling her business. She then decided to embark into investing in agriculture and rented a 50 hectares farm in Kitete, Dodoma where she started to cultivate maize for Agro business.   

 

What does your typical day look like?
I wake up in the morning, take a shower then I get ready for my day. I take quite a long time to brush my teeth though, a habit I have had for long and is something I enjoy doing. Thereafter I do my morning prayers, and by 7:00AM I’m already in my office. Every morning before I start my daily routines I check my diary to see what are my plans and schedules of vegies and fruits delivery to hotels and restaurants.

What does beauty mean to you?
Beauty to me is internal and external. External is to eat well and exercise regularly, set time to rest and try to dress well and look good all the time. Internal beauty to me means if someone has a beautiful heart or soul. Someone who has a beautiful smile whenever you meet them or someone who is very kind to people, especially kind to people who are disadvantaged. 

How do you feel about make up and the controversy behind it?
I feel that some women use makeup the bad way. They apply too many glitters as eyeshadow during the day or too much heavy make-up that changes their entire face. However, if you tell them this makeup is not good to some others it is very good and basic standard. So the controversy here is you could like a certain kind of makeup in ones preference and not even get the slightest bit of looking attractive in another person’s preference. So it all depends on personal choice. 

If you were given a chance to use LuvTouch Manjano products, which ones would you use and why?
I am a big fan of LuvTouch Manjano products and used all of them. I like the LuvTouch Turmeric soap because it does not change the color of my skin like other bleaching soaps do. But my favorite product is the LuvTouch Manjano Oil-free Foundation.


What Advice do you have for girls and young women?
My advice for girls and young women is to work hard, to try and push themselves at work and at home. Staying focused and excited about work can be hard for women because we have many responsibilities to take care of our families apart from our paid jobs. Women should not try to act like men, they should only try to work hard and push themselves at their highest capabilities. 

2 comments:

  1. NAAM NIWAJIBU WETU MIMI NA WEWE KUSIMAMA KATIKA KUTETEA HAKI YA MWANAMKE NA WATOTO KWA VITENDO VYA UKATILI UDHALILISHAJI NA UNYANYASAJI ULIYOKITHIRI

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAJUKIA VITENDO VYA UKALITLI NA UDAHLILISHAJI

    ReplyDelete